Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to the Daily Grind

I am back at work for the first time in three weeks.  What a strange feeling.  It only took about two hours to get through all the emails; now to try and do some work.

Being on the boat for 12 days and being in Hawaii for 6 days was incredible.  I am not sure I would want to take three weeks off work again, though.  It is a lot to catch up from.  For sure a week or two break again someday would be good! 

We got back to our condo last night around 9 pm and tried to find things in our bags (ipods, camera, cell phone chargers, etc; we'd shoved everything in haphazardly).  Luckily Matt had left us a note for ourselves to turn the hot water heater off vacation mode or that would have been a cold surprise this morning. 

It was tough to get to sleep last night and tough to wake up this morning as it is three hours later here than in Hawaii.  This is the first time I have worn jeans in three weeks and the first time I have worn shoes other than flip flops for two weeks at least.  Feels weird. 

I was running around this morning trying to find my purse with my work ID badge and ended up leaving the gifts I'd bought for my bosses.  I haven't seen them yet today.  My coworker who sits next to me is out this week and the chatty girl who used to sit on my other side had her last day while I was gone and has been replaced but someone quiet.  It seems eerily quiet, especially after all the activity and running around of the past week. 

I hope to download photos in the next few days and maybe post some summary thoughts on the experience.

1 comment:

Ken n Cheryl said...

Time really does fly! I can't believe you've already sailed to Hawaii and are now back to work. We look forward to the pictures.