Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pac Cup Prep continues

We visited Bequia, the Pac Cup boat, at the boat show.   It is always interesting to get ideas but I thought the way Green Buffalo was set up last year was more in a race ready configuration and gave us a lot of good storage ideas.  We did pick up a gem from Bequia for holding down the laptop!  It is always fun to chat with other people who are going this year.

I have 17 things left on my list (the list is divided by responsible party) and I am sooo close on all of them! A lot of mine are getting other people to do things--bring their PFD recharge kits, provide their medical history, make sure they have all the required equipment. My big thing is the provisioning. The canned meat came and I plan to try the canned ground beef this weekend on the way back from the duxship race. I just finished a preliminary menu with 17 days of breakfast and dinner. I figure we will have enough food that people can forage the rest of the time. With everyone on separate schedules and with different meal preferences I don't want to dictate lunch food as well. In come ways I am worried I am being too ambitious (bacon and eggs, French toast) and in others I wonder if people will be disappointed (I am not planning veggies or salads with meals but will have fruit for snacks). I am trying to keep dinner simple, one dish meals as much as possible.

Last time the guys took a lot of premade and frozen stuff while this year I plan to do that only the first three days when it may be rough and then have more "scratch" things later...  We are not going to have space to maintain 14 frozen casserole pans.

Here are the dinners:

chicken enchiladas-premade
lasanga- premade
stew-premade
Mexican Stackups
Jambalya with Adeles sausage
chili dogs
halfway or chicken enchiladas (I have a special treat planned for halfway)
halfway or chicken enchiladas
tortilla soup with chicken
fresh fish
chicken and rice casserole
"BBQ" pork
hamburgers
spaghetti (hopefully we have arrived and do not need the last four meals)
freeze dried
spaghetti
freeze dried

No comments: