Monday, April 12, 2010

Home projects weekend

85 more days until the Pac Cup! The to do list isn't getting any shorter but we spent the past weekend on home projects instead of boat projects anyway! After four and a half years in our condo we finally are painting the kitchen cabinets. Even just primed it really brightens up our small kitchen. Since my husband works for a painting contractor we were able to get some expert help and advice. I think they are going to turn out really nice.

This week is the boat show here in Northern California. I have my wish list of things for the Pac Cup. I am going to check out a PLB--not completely sold on that, Landfall Navigation does not seem to think they are worthwhile offshore. I need a lightweight waterproof jacket so I have something besides my heavy offshore Musto Jacket to wear in the squalls. I need new sunglasses to replace the Maui Jim's I lost in February (UGH!) and a couple of little things. I am also going to a 10 hour cruising seminar on Saturday as I am determined to find a cruising boat and head out with my husband for some serious cruising. That probably won't happen for a few years but it is not too early to start thinking about it!

No comments: