Friday, April 23, 2010

Estimating Fuel Consumption

So I have been diligently recording each time we buy fuel--how much we put in each tank to fill it up, how many hours we had run the engine... you know, all the data we'd need to figure out our actual fuel consumption. I had been transcribing the notes into an online ship's log program and today figured it was time to do the calculations... went to the ship's log website to get my data... and the website has "expired"! Ok I did not even know that was possible... guess they stopped paying their hosting fee.  Do I have that fuel data anywhere in hard copy? doubtful... grrr. I guess if we fill up soon we will be motoring enough in the next month and a half to figure out an accurate fuel budget for the Hawaii return. My lesson-don't trust my data to free websites!


On another note, I am making chicken enchiladas tomorrow with the canned chicken. We shall see how it tastes! The ingredients that need to be in the refrigerator take up considerably less space than a pre-prepared and frozen batch.  This is crucial since we do not have the floor space for two huge coolers of dry ice and frozen food like the guys took in '08.

We have our Pac Cup inspection scheduled for 5/22 and we are so close to being 100% ready. I am excited to have the inspector come through and validate our preparedness.  I am hoping we will be in the running for the best prepared boat trophy!  We have certainly worked hard on our prep and with the number of meticulous people on our crew we are leaving nothing to chance.

No comments: