Friday, April 9, 2010

New Crew... Pac Cup Eats

I just found out one of my coworkers used to be an avid sailor and is anxious to get back in to sailing. She'd love to do the Pac Cup but our boat is full for this year. I will get her out for Wednesday night Beer Can races and for the next OYRA race (since half of our Pac Cup crew is unavailable that day).

I am starting to get a little anxious about the meal planning. We don't have a terribly large reefer so I will need to rely on non-perishables. I can't even figure out how to do that for two people at home so two weeks of it for seven people is proving challenging. I have two books on the topic and I need to get serious on my planning. I personally could live on Peanut Butter and I know a few of the others could as well but we have one crew who'd rather not and another that will not eat anything mayo based like tuna or chicken salad--which would sure be easy to store and make... so we shall see. I think expect everyone to eat the same thing / spend meal time together is unrealistic anyway and will probably only happen at dinner...

No comments: