Friday, April 23, 2010

Had to Share... Working on a boat...

This exchange took place on a boat owners' message board I subscribe to.  The final words of the original poster are one of the basic tenets of boat ownership.  :)

A: I talked to my boat today but I can't repeat what I said in polite company. I spent 6 hours on a 2 hour project and got half done. More tomorrow.

C: by my calculations, you are right on schedule.

P. I agree with C, you are on schedule. Did you also happen to utter the 4 most expensive words in boat ownership "While I'm at it…"

A: Funny you should say that but there is this spot that might have some issues very close to where I am working and I was tempted but successfully resisted. Working on a boat is not a task, it is a process. You cannot finish it. It does not have an end, no completion date. If you don't enjoy working on [your boat], sell it. (emphasis mine)

No comments: