Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sail Mail for Blogging / Pac Cup Prep

We sent ourselves some test Sail Mail emails last night when we are on the boat.  Sail Mail attaches a LOT of information to the bottom of the email, including the email address the email came from.  Sail Mail recommends closely gaurding your Sail Mail email address so I certainly don't want to post it on the internet!  I will have to recruit someone shoreside to post to my blog for me.  Maybe my dad, since he is a blogger as well? I believe the skipper is planning to blog on sailblogs.  If so I will post a link to that so my avid fans can follow our progress across the Pacific.

We have the Spinnaker Cup tomorrow and are still short a spinnaker sheet.  I have arranged for the rigger to leave it at a marina a bit North of here and for one of the crew to retrieve it this afternoon.  I hope it all works out.  This time last year I was picking up guys and a foreguy from this same rigger the day before the race.  I was imagining the foreguy would have blocks with it but it didn't.  Luckily I had enough time to pick up blocks at West Marine.  Nothing like the last minute!  The good news for our Pac Cup prep though is that we knocked a bunch of things off the list last night and even more is being done today.  We are looking fantabulous for the race. 

1 comment:

Moristotle said...

"Sail mail," I like that, very clever. Does it depend on satellite transmission? Hmm, according to sailmail.com, it provides, "email communications via [its] own worldwide network of SSB-Pactor radio stations." Ah, I see there's a map of "SSB-Pactor station locations worldwide" at http://www.sailmail.com/, including at what looks like California and Hawaii.