Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The List

The managing partner on Tiki J maintains "The List" of all the things we need to do to prep the boat for the Pac Cup plus things we'd like to do to make it more comfortable or better set up for cruising later.  It has been in a constant state of flux since we bought the boat a little over a year and a half ago and is now down to 49 open items (336 items done and 61 put on the "future" list).  A lot of these are more reminders than anything--Pac Cup skippers meeting, buy tickets for parties at Kaneohe YC, various deadlines...  The number of things we must complete by the inspection on May 22 is actually, fabulously, rather small.  I made a sublist for Matt and myself to work from this weekend as we do our final prep and there are really only a couple of things on there that we are doing JUST for the inspection, versus prep that we feel we need to do for the race.  I am really impressed by how well prepared we are (if I do say so myself) and I am excited about getting the inspection done and finding out how well prepared the inspector thinks we are!

No comments: