Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oops!

Looks like Tiki J is going to have to pay a visit to the yard after our spinnaker excitement after the Farallones Race on Saturday.  Probably 20 feet of the spinnaker sheet were wrapped around the shaft and now the engine seems to be running a little rough... so we want to get it checked out.

Meanwhile, I have FINALLY found the perfect sized bins for the reefer.  They are actually square plastic baskets, with handles!  I was able to get two small tall ones to fit in the larger half of the bottom and three larger shorter ones on the top shelf.  This is going to help SO MUCH with organizing our provisions.  I also got some new plastic bins that will fit under the sink.  The Band it tool is in one--we borrowed a Band it and the bin it was in was too big to fit ANYWHERE and plus it had a string tied around it to keep the lid on!  The bins I found have lids that securely snap on.  Since it was such a perfect size I bought two extra for other "stuff" and stuck some spare odds and ends in them for now. 

We still have to have our big organization day where we will take EVERYTHING off the boat, clean the boat and then put back ONLY what is going to Hawaii.  I am SOO looking forward to that.  This is NOT a clean boat.  It was disgusting when we bought it and we have done some cleaning but this is going to be an every nook and cranny SCRUB DOWN.  Can't wait.

OK can you tell I am EXCITED by all the CAPITALS I put in!  We are getting so close to the big day!

No comments: