Monday, June 13, 2011

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls

A few months back, Joe and Carrie introduced us to the delicious goodness of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.  Saturday morning, before we started our projects, we made a pack of five.  When we left to run errands, there was one left on the plate and we left it sitting out.  A couple hours later, when we returned, Matt went over to check in with his brother on something and I popped over to Joe and Carrie's boat to say hi.  Carrie was there by herself, cooking up bacon and sausage and it looked like a few other goodies.  I'd been there a few minutes when Joe came aboard, eating a cinnamon roll.  I asked him where he got it and he said "well it was just sitting there on the plate!"  LOL now I don't feel bad that we got sodas off his boat the other night when he wasn't there.  Being surrounded by friends in our marina sure is fun.

3 comments:

Moristotle said...

I occasionally "requisition" a soda from the cupboards in the board room kitchen where I work (you know where that is and that, with the state's budget crisis, we don't have that many catered anythings anymore), and I love to find that someone has brought in cookies or cake or pie or...there's stuff left over from a catered meeting...or when desperate I visit the office of someone I know maintains a "candy bowl." Jan is one of these. I gave her an envelope with a couple of dollars in it the other day, with thanks for seeing to it that one can always find chocolate somewhere on the premises.
    But wait a minute! What am I saying? I stepped on our bedroom scale the other day and I was five pounds above my fighting weight. I've been dieting for two days now and have already gotten back to within four pounds of my ideal 151. Have you yourself noticed that the easiest way to get into a weight-losing diet is to start immediately you perceive the need and to do it cold-turkey (in the sense of undertaking the full regimen at once rather than "work up to it")?

Ken n Cheryl said...

You mean you went your whole childhood without Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls! =) Love em!

Pineapple Girl said...

Ken n Cheryl, as you might be able to tell from my dad's comment about scrounging sweets from the conference room at work, such things as Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls were not to be found at my house when I was growing up! My mom would make cinnamon rolls with leftover pie crust if she made a pie (mmm, maybe twice a year) which were good. no icing though. :)
Dad, you are the only person I know who can lose five pounds at will. I needed to lose ten pounds this time last year and now I need to lose twenty. :p