Friday, June 3, 2011

BIG NEWS!!

We have two new FRESHWATER HEADS on order!!  I am so excited. I am so tired of the nasty smell from the old saltwater heads!  YEA!  It sounds like we can get Matt's friend Brian to help us install them.  He said he cannot get that smell out of his nose since he stayed with us almost three weeks ago. 

We were planning a trip to Angel Island this weekend with our friend Barry (Sparkler III) but unfortunately it is supposed to rain.  We have plenty of boat projects though, so it is just as well.  Hopefully we will get the boat out to see if the autopilot is working.  I don't think I posted, we went through all the wiring the other day and just couldn't figure out what the problem was.  Just for the heck of it, we tried to move the rudder with the autopilot and it worked!  (this was in the slip)  It had NEVER worked before.  We have no idea if this was a one time stroke of luck or if somehow the old GPS (now removed) was causing the autopilot not to work. In any case, we really want to take the boat out and see what happens!

We've also been having some battery issues and we plan to spend some time investigating the wiring of the electrical system.  That should be interesting.  We have a great reference book on electrical systems (Nigel Calder's Mechanical and Electrical Manual), though unfortunately, reading it makes me want to pay someone else to figure this whole thing out!

Hope to have some new photos for you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the heads! Good luck with your trip to Angel Island. Sounds exciting. Looking forward to the new photos.

Following your blog from Trawler Blogs.

http://www.trawlerblogs.com/trawlers/pineapple-girl/

Moristotle said...

Hey, Trawler Blogs is really cool!
    Sorry I haven't been on Pineapple Girl in a while. But I haven't been on my blog either. My next post (this weekend, I hope) might be titled, "Vacation travel is nice, but...." (it wrecks havoc with the in-box at work, time management for all kinds of stuff [like processing vacation photos], and coming home with a bug [of course, you can catch a bug anywhere]).
    Anyway....

Moristotle said...

Oh, and I meant to say that having a trawler certainly does seem to fill one's life with an abundance of interesting projects!
    Why do I get the feeling that I'm procrastinating going to Moristotle?

Eric said...

Jennifer,

I just bought an old/neglected PT Overseas 35 in Monterey. I would love a tour of Pineapple-girl sometime that works for you guys. I have about 500 questions. I'm in San Jose. This is my first blog experience so if it is ok with you, email me: Badge@calclosets.com.

Thanks,

Eric