Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Project Overload-Christmas is Coming!

Well we were disappointed to not make as much progress as we'd planned to last weekend. We had a kind of a big deal Christmas present to purchase, something we'd spent weeks searching for, and we had a line on "the very thing." Acquiring it and showing it to others involved ended up taking the whole morning and most of the afternoon... By the time we were done, all motivation to sand was gone. We went home and watched the Niners beat the Patriots instead.

Which leaves us with a LOT of sanding yet to do before we can apply the finish. We have events Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, which will make it challenging to find time to get this done. I hope to get a lot of sanding done Friday (taking a vacation day) so we can get this thing wrapped up over the weekend and get ready for the NEXT project, which will be unveiled after Matt opens his Christmas gifts.

We'll also soon have a project provided by my parents, which I believe I may have mentioned previously--some new pieces and parts for our windlass. Namely a new wildcat, a reversing kit (for letting the chain out with the motor) and a wireless remote. I'm not sure when those items will arrive as I haven't heard from the windlass company since they received my chain sample a week ago. I think I'll wait at least a week before I follow up, though, as we have enough else to work on for now!!

No comments: