Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekend Plans

This weekend we are taking the boat to a state park, Angel Island.  More specifically we are going to Ayala Cove.  The first Spainard to sail through the Golden Gate into San Francisco Bay was Juan de Ayala and he anchored in Ayala Cove!  Angel Island has been a military base, an immigration station (the Western version of Ellis Island) and I'm sure some other stuff I could remember if I wasn't typing this at 10:40 at night.  (I am not a night person.  Or a morning person.  I'm a sleep a lot person.)

We invited several friends from our yacht club to join us and at this point I think we have one who may come, if it isn't raining.  I really don't care if it is raining or not, I'm going.  Now that we know our heater works great "I ain't scared".  Plus we haven't used our new to us dinghy.  I think I blogged that a good friend of ours has pancreatic cancer and he came to the Marin cruise (our first weekend on the new boat) for a day and gave us his dinghy.  It is really nice and even has a trailer.  I would never have forgotten my dear friend Mike in any case but I shall think of him every time I use that dinghy.  We look forward to playing with it this weekend.

We think we have our food planned and purchased for the weekend.  The downside of Ayala Cove is there is nothing there except a snack shack type place with very limited daytime hours.  We will be out on a mooring ball and will have to use the dinghy to get to the island.  So we have to come prepared to be self sufficient. For the past few years we have led a cruise out from our yacht club to Ayala Cove and we've had to plan and provision for several meals and activities for a group.  I am looking forward to only having to worry about the two of us!  We plan to lunch at the snack shack Saturday, then have flank steak for dinner.  Sunday morning we will have bacon and eggs then head back to our marina.  We will spend Sunday on the boat as I fly out early Monday from SFO, which is near the marina.  I have to pack my bags for a week business trip before we leave for our weekend boating adventure!

So far we are really enjoying this whole powerboat thing!

1 comment:

Ken n Cheryl said...

Hey girl! Have been really busy and just now catching up with you. Congrats on the new trawler.. she's beautiful! Also, happy belated anniversary. Sounds like you'll be having another great weekend. Have fun!